Sunday, April 22, 2012

Time

I has been a chunk since I last blogged. I was walking tonight with my neighbor and said I would...so I am. Many funny things have happened that are blog worthy, but they all escape my memory now. It's just the rattling off of thoughts that eek out after...sheesh! almost a year!...of not blogging. We have a new driver in the family. Emma purchased a lovely Mitsubishi Galant a few weeks ago and we have seen very little of her since. She is gainfully employed and has her own knitting business on Etsy as well. She is quite a gal. She drives herself to daily Mass, and all over Cherokee county visiting people and running errands. The car is reliable, drives well, and has most of it's hubcaps. I tried to get her to let me paint the chipped front bumper to look like teeth, but she won't let me. Kids these days. She is still homeschooled and looking at colleges. She is considering nursing as a career, which sort of surprises me and makes perfect sense at the same time. She has Grammy for a great role model and she has the heart of a servant. And what better job security that a bunch of spoiled old people who made millions in the 80s? (I just resisted the temptation to put a hashtag there...FYI) I am homeschooling Melanie and Andrew and it has been a great year. I will say that homeschooling is more fun with money. I don't know if they can still get excited about math class in the thrift store when we have friends who are touring DC for History class. It's a stretch. We have had an interesting year with Chris' job finally becoming profitable again, but not quite profitable enough, and me quitting painting to homeschool. Activities have been homemade and low rent. Egg drops have been big this year. I thank Modern Family for the inspiration, and chickens for the means. They have invented at least a dozen different ways to gently land an egg. I'm sure that will benefit them greatly at some point in their future. I can make up some razzle dazzle for the transcript but you and I know that they were just having fun making a mess. I get why those fresco artists used the eggs in their paint. I know how they discovered the method as well. They were painting a grand ad for some face cream on the side of a building in the colonnade and after work on Friday, some derelict kids (probably ancient Coulters)threw eggs at their work. On Monday when they returned to find the damage they cursed and scrubbed but the darn egg just wouldn't come off. Three years later, when passing by, they noticed that the only remaining part of their mural was within the splatter marks from the egg vandals. Lightbulb....voila! Egg tempera! It's true. Google it. Speaking of Google, I had a brilliant idea of naming my homeschool institution Google U. Then I googled it and guess what? Someone already did it. I hate it when that happens. It happens a lot. Sometimes I wake up at night with brilliance pouring out of my brain, only to find that it's already poured from another. Day late, dollar short. Well I think that I've primed the pump, and I should be able to write more now. Especially since I remembered my password. I have a great story about the garbage disposal and a dinner party....coming soon.

No comments: