Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm sorry but I'm just thinking of the right words to say

Thank you , Jesus, for keeping us on our toes and not laying out all of the details of your Plan. The predicted "Rapture" came and went this weekend as we entertained 60+ kids and their families at the lake. No one even hesitated at 6pm, they were too enraptured with the beautiful sun, cool lake water, food, and friends. As it should be. I thought maybe the ascension part was faulty and the "chaff" just fell and the "wheat" was left to roam the earth. Not so, life goes on, good and bad today.

This is the last Monday of school! This week is sure to burn my eyebrows off with speed and activity, but it is the last, so I can take it. It has been a whirlwind for months now while everyone tries to finish up for the year. I do not care for the before Christmas break and end of year parts of school. The frenzy is too much with four in school and church classes. There is something to be said for just ending without pomp and circumstance, just stop. The celebration is you don't have to go anymore and the present is the paycheck you receive. Now that may sound ugly but IMHO there is WAY too much celebration and reward going around the Towne Lake area. It's like we have set up celebrations like stepping stones instead of achievement. We just get from one to the next feeling accomplished and constantly elated. I don't like it. The permanent smile begins to look like the Joker's disconnect between mouth and eyes, or a doll's eternal toothy grin. Fake, insincere. And the food....oh the food. My kids have feasted for weeks at various events on sugar sugar sugar sugar.

There was another great "Overheard at the Coulter's" moment last week but I cannot remember what was said!! I hope to wake up with that in my head instead of yet another morning song stuck on replay.

Anyway, I'm sorry but I'm just thinking of the right words to say. I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be...but, if you wait around a while....I'll make you fall for me...I promise.

No comments: