Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Battle of the Bulge


No, it's not (just) the 20lbs I need to lose, it my L4 and L5 discs that are bulging and herniated! I am officially wounded. No more painting for a while, no more hard labor period. I am doing PT and will talk to my doctor next week about options. It really sucks getting old. I finally understand what Mindy means when she explains that her exercise regimen gives her longevity of movement. It's not about looking hot in a bikini anymore. It's about being able to freakin walk.

So I have these really cool pictures of my innards and I'm letting you all know that if we're ever starving to death and you have to eat me, there's some great looking beef around my lower back, so start there.

I guess it's time to rev back up and get my intervals and diet in check again. That means my therapist, Mindy, is going to have to take my calls again. She's so damn expensive! Seriously, checking in with a buddy is the best way to stay on track. When I don't call, I don't do what I should. It's really immature, but it's like when a kid puts his hands over his eyes and thinks no one can see him. She knows I'm eating that cupcake!

Well, it's off to bed with my 15 pillows and my oxycodone. Nighty night!

2 comments:

Madeline Rains said...

ouch! That looks painful. I need a Mindy trainer. Claudia and I decided, after that weekend to partner up but we have only worked out (and I use that expression very liberally) once each. I really want to, for the same reasons as you. I am needing it for my health. It is just so hard to do it while in the back pain! But it truly is the key.

mindy said...

Shanna! Even in pain, you make me laugh like hell! Okay, maybe it's the oxycodeine. You better get that back in order, because I'm going to work your ass off when you get here! Lunges, sprints, weights, crunches...oh my! No really, I am always here to help out and want you to be as healthy as you can be...call me anytime you're about to eat that cupcake!