Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Going Under the Knife

I was advised to surgically remove the broken piece of cartilage that has lodged itself into my spinal column. I was advised by the surgeon, my chiropractor and a random woman at the gas station who had had the same surgery last year. I always look for random confirmation when I am making a big decision. So, after the kids go back to school in August, I'll do it.

I am relieved to know what's making my legs numb. I don't like the feeling. I am no longer in acute pain, but I am uncomfortable. I am certainly restricted. Tomorrow I get to visit the GYN, because it's doctor visit week in the Coulter house. I am thrilled. I'll have to remember things and answer questions. I hate that.

Muggs is doing good. His finger is still attached. He also goes to the dr. tomorrow to get a tetanus shot (I hear you , Mindy!) for it was a rusted, soiled hedge clipper! Who knows what's growing inside him....

On a brighter note, I get to go to a party for Ron Clark on Wed night. He's quite a guy. He co-founded the Ron Clark Academy in Atlanta. He's an educator of the future and I totally dig him. Muggs and I are going to a party to raise $$ for one student to attend for one year. It's at his boss's house, he and Ron are buddies. So I get to schmooze and hopefully crack a joke or two. Check out his website.
Visit http://www.ronclarkacademy.com/ron_clark_academy/home_nonflash.asp

We're going to try to have a low key day tomorrow. I'm working on a painting for my chiropractor and loving the therapy. Later!

No comments: