Monday, June 2, 2008

First Day of Summer

In my mind today is the first day of summer. The first Monday we would usually be running off to school. My eyes popped open at 7:40am. Melanie followed at 7:50 and Andrew, Julianna, and Jack were next. Emma will sleep until dinnertime.

I'm sad and a little disappointed in myself. Last week my neighbor brought down a nest of baby birds for us to care for. They fell from a tree he had just cut down. They were so tiny, no feathers yet and of course I jumped to care for them. They lived for a week. There were two that seemed really healthy and promising. I had visions of teaching them to fly and them returning to my porch to feed over the year. I'm not Snow White apparantly. They all died two days ago and I still can't shake it! I failed at nurturing something. That's supposed to be my forte'. I suppose there's a lesson for me in there somewhere.

Luckily my kids and husband are all alive and well and we're going to have a great day hanging out, drinking lots of coffee and seeing a movie. It's either Iron Man or Indiana Jones. Nim's Island was outvoted (Sorry Melanie!). We have free movies three days a week at our local theaters over the summer so I'll get to catch up on the ones I missed this year. Bee Movie, Evan Almighty, Alvin the Chipmunks, Mr. Magorium, etc.

First it's a visit to the chiropractor to set my back straight. Apparantly logging is not the best activity for a tricky back. My mom's house was hit by a tornado a week back and we cleaned up her yard. I love chainsaws. I threw it out and have been really pathetic for a couple of days. Muggs (hubby) is really tired of me walking like his Mamaw and groaning. Not sexy!

Have a happy day!

No comments: