Monday, June 9, 2008

Vacation Bible School


zdfgadsfgbrfthe klyidmk njesz
Sorry, I had to clean my keyboard. Someone was typing with sticky fingers...yuk!
Today we began our week of VBS, also known as vacation bible school. Those three words once raised hairs on the back of my neck. I thought VBS was mind-control-Chinese-torture when I was a kid. I wouldn't be caught dead with the dorks I knew who went to VBS.
Things change. My kids have been going for years and they absolutely love it. Matching t-shirts, learning all the hand motions to the songs, meeting new friends...it's a blast. I am working this year in the craft room with Jessica (that's her cuttin coups in the picture)and we have a pot of coffee and lots of fun getting to know the kids who breeze in and out our door. So that's our week this week.
At least that's the kids' week. I may have different things to look forward to. I had an x-ray today of my back and there are two vertebra smooshed together. Apparantly there is supposed to be a pillow between them. We don't know where my pillow is. I am having an MRI tomorrow afternoon to find the pillow. I am looking forward to finding out what's going on, but not so sure about the treatments. Of course surgery is always an option, but who wants that?! I guess some shots could help the pain, but will they fix the problem? I don't

2 comments:

Madeline Rains said...

ooo, Shanna! My back pain seems so minor now. I hope the pillow is just on break and will float back into place momentarily, with enough relaxation and summer warmth. I guess you've talked to a chiropractor? Or is it too late for that?

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you posted a pre-makeup pic of me on the world wide web:) At least I was having a good hair day! Love, Jessica